A. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION ABROAD OFFICE COLLECTS FROM YOU
Abroad Office may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
1. "Personal Information." Personal Information refers to information that lets AbroadOffice know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). AbroadOffice may collect Personal Information when you use the AbroadOffice Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with AbroadOffice, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
2. "Non-Personal Information." Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information, website visitations, or other actions you may take). AbroadOffice may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
B. HOW ABROAD OFFICE COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all AbroadOffice's users worldwide.
1. Registration. Prior to using one or more of the AbroadOffice Properties, AbroadOffice may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account ("Account") or to enable features or functionality of the AbroadOffice Properties. Failure to provide all required information required by AbroadOffice may prevent access to any or all AbroadOffice Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all AbroadOffice Properties.
2. Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the AbroadOffice public Site and remain anonymous, AbroadOffice or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the AbroadOffice Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Abroad Office Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the AbroadOffice Properties unavailable to you, or not perform properly for you.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the AbroadOffice Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, AbroadOffice may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin services with an Internet service provider. Each time you access the AbroadOffice Site and each time you request one of AbroadOffice's pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. AbroadOffice may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Abroad Office sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the AbroadOffice Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation means any and all audio and video materials including, without limitation, film, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound, and other form of intellectual property, whether in still, live or animated form, contained in materials uploaded, or provided to AbroadOffice or into the Technologies, in any method or form, by you, or by administrators on your behalf (collectively, "Content") to your website or to a third party website, AbroadOffice tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
C. HOW ABROAD OFFICE USES YOUR INFORMATION
1. System Administration. AbroadOffice may use Personal or Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with AbroadOffice servers, monitoring AbroadOffice's system performance and traffic on the AbroadOffice Properties and to gather broad demographic and usage information about AbroadOffice customers.
3. Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, AbroadOffice may use your Personal Information to send e-mails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. AbroadOffice may also send you e-mails to verify your identity or to notify you if AbroadOffice believes your use of AbroadOffice Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the AbroadOffice Properties.
4. Promotional E-mails. AbroadOffice may use your Personal Information to send you e-mails periodically listing new features, system information, events, promotions or events relating to the solely to the AbroadOffice Properties. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and/or following the instructions in such correspondence.
5. Contact Information. If you contact AbroadOffice by any means, AbroadOffice may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the AbroadOffice Properties, AbroadOffice may collect this information in a file specific to you.
D. HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, AbroadOffice shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, AbroadOffice shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User's entry without some information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
E. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
AbroadOffice does not sell, trade or rent Personal Information collected through the AbroadOffice Properties to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AbroadOffice shall: (1) fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies; and (2) may be required to disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Security Measures. Abroad Office takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) AbroadOffice's data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where AbroadOffice stores Personal Information. All AbroadOffice employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
2. Third Party Links. The AbroadOffice Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, AbroadOffice may use third parties to provide components of the AbroadOffice Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of AbroadOffice. AbroadOffice: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
H. SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING MINORS
Use of the AbroadOffice Properties is not intended for minors under the age of 18 ("Minors"). Minors are not authorized by AbroadOffice to use the AbroadOffice Properties, even if Minors set up an Account or accept the terms of any agreement for AbroadOffice Properties. Parents or guardians may authorize Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 to use the AbroadOffice Properties, provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such Minor including, without limitation, monitoring the Minor's access and use of the AbroadOffice Properties. AbroadOffice does not intentionally collect nor maintain any personally identifiable information from Minors. If you discover your Minor child has submitted his/her information to AbroadOffice, you may request to have such information deleted from AbroadOffice's database by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com together with the e-mail address that was submitted by the Minor. Upon receiving the request, AbroadOffice shall delete such information within twenty (20) business days. If AbroadOffice learns that a Minor under the age of 13 is using the AbroadOffice Properties, AbroadOffice will require verified parental or guardian consent, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA").
I. CONTACT ABROAD OFFICE
Global Learning Semesters, Inc.
Attn: Abroad Office
228 Park Avenue South, #32004
New York, New York 10003-1502